If you want to know How To Fix PS3 YLOD keep reading. PS3 is one of the most popular gaming gadgets that are available in the market right now. Manufactured by Sony, PS3 offers a wide array of fabulous gaming experience for those who love to stay home and enjoy their time. Although there are portable gaming gadgets also available in the market, PS3 is still very popular because it has a very large memory bank hence, better and more exciting games can be played.
PS3 comes with a main game console which houses the main power and the system of the gadget. It also has a game controller which is being utilized by the player to manipulate the game. The console should be connected to a screen. Most of the time, PS3 is being connected to television sets. Sometimes, people connect it to compatible projector for a wider screen experience. The controllers are connected to the console.
The PS3 console have LED light indicators which help the user of the console determine if there are existing troubles with the gadget. One of these is the Yellow Light of Death. This LED light indicator blinks at some point on the console to give warning if there are some errors.
The Yellow Light of Death blinks if the following conditions are true: It blinks when the device is experiencing too much heat or is overheating. It also blinks when there are unstable physical connections in the device such as loose cables, loose connections or loose hard drives.
Therefore, if you see the Yellow Light of Death LED blinking in the console, you should immediately do something to fix it before the problem gets even worse.
To fix problems being indicated by the YLOD, you may do simple steps. There are actually a lot of articles providing solutions to the Yellow Light of Death problems which are available online. There are also books published for this. Nonetheless, the following How To Fix PS3 YLOD steps may do the fixing.
1. Try to power cycle the device not only by turning off the power but by unplugging it from the power source. Have it rested for about 20 to 30 minutes before plugging it back again.
2. Check external physical connections. Check the wires if they are properly connected or if there are exposed copper due to insect or rat bites. If there are lose connections, make sure that you put them in tightly. If there are exposed coppers, then better replace the cables.
3. If the aforementioned steps are not working still and you still find the YLOD blinking, then you may open the device and see if there are internal loose connections. This is possible especially when your gaming console experienced some falling or if it has been exposed to a huge shock. If you see internal parts which are lose, then try to tighten it if it is possible.
4. If you see that you cannot fix the device yourself, then check if you are still within the warranty time. If so, then send it to Sony repair center. This is highly advisable to make sure that the fix is properly done. More importantly, you can save some money because they will not be charging anything from you if it still within warranty time.
5. If warranty already expired, then seek the help of an expert. You may send it to Sony if you want but there will be charges and you will have to wait 6 days to 6 weeks waiting time depending upon the damage extent.
6. If you do not want to incur such high cost and long wait time, go online and download available software guides to fix the Yellow Light of Death error. There are also instructional videos and articles available.
So the next time you have a YLOD error, make sure that you are ready to provide the necessary care and fixing. Just follow the steps and you will never regret it.